Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Picture of My Life

For my first entry as a blogger, I feel as though I should write something profound. However, profound thoughts seems to be in short supply today, so I will tell you about the topics I am currently studying. For Christmas, I recieved my first professional-quality digital camera. (A Cannon EOS 30d if you are familiar with cameras.) I have been spending hours playing with the settings and discovering just how challenging the art of photography really is. Below are some of my recent shots.

I am also studying investments. I just started my Roth IRA and wanted to understand what I was doing with my money. So far I have read The Millionaire Next Door By Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko, which I found to be very informative. It is not limited to discussing investments, but also gave other practical advice about money management. I also read The Kid's ROTH IRA Handbook By Tracy Foote. This covered similiar material, although it was geared toward people much younger than myself.
I still feel a pressing need to have some profound thought to inspire my readers, so here it is.
"When we accept tough jobs as a challenge and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen. - Arland Gilbert
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are fantastic! I enjoyed your entire blog. What a delightful young lady you must be.
M. Moore